BMI Weekly News
BMI Weekly News
April 15, 2019
- BMI Team - Heart Walk Updates: Faculty have pulled ahead! They are 16% towards their goal while students remain at 10%.
- There will be a student fun night this Friday, April 19th which will include games, prizes, and more!
- BMI Seminar: Speaker, Gabriel Nunez, Ph.D. Title: "Microbiota-Host Interactions in Health and Disease", Tuesday, April 16, 2019, 11:30am-12:25pm, 2268 Scott Hall, School of Medicine. Hosted by: BMI Students, James Glassbrook firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two Journal Club/RDP: 1. Masters Student, Ian McCusker, presents Title: “Exploring Potential Human Cytomegalovirus Cellular Virion Egress Pathways”. Mentor: Dr. Phil Pellett and 2. Masters Student, Steven Cvetkovski, presents Title: “Single cell RNA sequencing reveals novel subpopulations and biomarkers of mucosal associated invariant T (MAIT) cells". Mentor: Dr. Qing-Sheng Mi, on Wednesday, April 17, 2019, 12:30-1:20pm, 3125 Scott Hall School of Medicine.
- Dissertation Public Lecture Presentation for the Degree of M.S. Immunology & Microbiology: Master’s Student, Steven Cvetkovski presents “Single cell RNA sequencing reveals novel subpopulations and biomarkers of mucosal associated invariant T (MAIT) cells.” April 19, 2019, 2:00 p.m., 7364 Scott Hall. Advisor: Dr. Qing-Sheng Mi
- American Heart Association’s 2019 Metro Detroit Heart and Stroke Walk/Run on Saturday, May 18, 2019. If you would like to join the Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology team and/or make a donation click on link http://www2.heart.org/goto/BMI. Donations can also be made with cash or check which you can drop off at the BMI office (7374 Scott Hall) to either April or Mary.