BMI Weekly News- August 9th, 2021
BMI Weekly News
August 9, 2021
• Message from Student Social Committee, Taylor Vensko and Jillian Green.
The 2021 BMI Department Picnic is quickly approaching! We are excited to get together and see new and
old faces alike. It’s getting to that time where we will be collecting donations to help fund this event. Any and all donations are greatly appreciated.
For convenience, donations can be sent to Taylor Vensko through PayPal using:
If cash is preferred, Taylor will visit labs to collect donations.
Donations for this year are:
$5 for students
$20 for faculty
The Student Social Committee will be providing the main dish which will be hotdogs, hamburgers, and black bean burgers. Alcohol is permitted, but will not be provided. Sides or extra dishes to pass are more than welcome.
Please see the attached flyer for all necessary information and hopefully some biochemistry/microbiology- friendly graphics. Looking forward to seeing you all soon!
Taylor and Jillian
• Dissertation Notice of Public Lecture Presentation for the degree of Ph.D. Doctor of Philosophy:
BMB Student, Kendall Muzzarelli, presents “Biochemical, Structural, and Drug Design Studies of Coronavirus and Norovirus Proteases”, Friday, August 20, 2021.
Advisor: Dr. Ladislau Kovari
Meeting ID: 922 1611 9069
BMI New Student Orientation sessions are Tuesday, August 31, 2021. This includes the 2nd year students too. Details to follow.
• From the Office of the President: VACCINE MANDATE FOR ALL CAMPUS. Masks are now required in all campus buildings for all individuals. Click link for information: https://outlook.office.com/mail/deeplink?popoutv2=1&version=2021072701.02
Event This Week:
• No events scheduled for this week.
• See News above for a picnic update. The BMI Department Picnic is Friday, August 27th (the Friday before classes start). The event will be at Belle Isle Park, Shelter 12, the same large shelter that was used for the 2019 picnic. Any questions or concerns contact Jillian Green email@example.com or Taylor Vensko firstname.lastname@example.org.
♥ For some Belle Isle history: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belle_Isle_Park_(Michigan)
♥ Belle Isle official website: https://www2.dnr.state.mi.us/parksandtrails/Details.aspx?id=736&type=SPRK
• BMI Retreat is Friday, September 24th, ̴ 8:00am-5:00pm. More details to come closer to the date.
Return to Campus:
• For Latest Updates and Information: https://wayne.edu/coronavirus/messages; Warrior Safe is Warrior Strong - School of Medicine - Wayne State University
• Students: https://wayne.edu/coronavirus/messages
• Employees: https://hr.wayne.edu/coronavirus/guide-for-employees
• Everyone must complete the Campus Daily Screener Campus Daily Screener - Wayne State University
before coming to campus. All visitors and guests must complete the Guest Campus Screener Guest Campus Screener - Wayne State University.
◦ Masks are required indoors for all individuals. Click link for full information: https://outlook.office.com/mail/deeplink?popoutv2=1&version=2021072701.02
• Campus Health Center (CHC) – The COVID-19 Vaccine:
• Information on the COVID-19 Vaccines: Vaccines for COVID-19 | CDC
• To schedule a vaccine appointment, click on link: https://health.wayne.edu/covid-vaccine-appointment/
Links (as embedded in items above):
Return to Campus – Faculty & Staff Training Support: https://i.wayne.edu/view/60de1e8619c9c?utm_source=link&utm_medium=email-60de1e8619c9c&utm_campaign=Staff%2FFaculty+%283%29+Return+to+Campus+%E2%80%93+Faculty+%26amp%3B+Staff+Trai&utm_content=Read+this+email+on+the+Web