BMI Weekly News - December 9, 2019
BMI Weekly News
December 9, 2019
- There will not be a BMI Faculty meeting in December. The next meeting will be Thursday, January 9, 2020, 11:30am-12:30pm, in Scott Hall 7364.
- BMI Departmental Holiday Party is Friday, December 13, 2019, 12-4pm, 7370 Scott Hall. Donations are needed. The Sign-up sheet for bringing sides/desserts to share is located on the BMI office door.
- Journal Club/RDP: PhD Student, James Glassbrook, presentation title: “Identifying host-intrinsic resistance mechanisms to therapeutic anti-tumor antibody” Monday, December 9, 2019, 12:30pm-1:20pm, 3125 Scott Hall, School of Medicine. Mentor: Dr. Heather Gibson.
- BMI Seminar Speaker, Yang Zhang, Ph.D., Professor, Computational Medicine and Bioinformatics, Professor, Biology Chemistry, University of Michigan Medical School. Title: “Protein Structure Prediction” Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 11:30am, Room 2268 Scott Hall. Hosted by: BMI Students, Kendall Muzzarelli email@example.com
- CMMG Seminar Speaker, Phillip West, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Microbial Pathogenesis and Immunology, College of Medicine, Texas A&M University. Title: “Mitochondrial control of innate immunity and inflammation: implications for mitochondrial disease and aging.” Thursday, December 12, 2019,11:00 a.m. in 3125 Scott Hall.
- Next BMI Seminar Speaker, Shengyi (Iris) Sun, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, CMMG, Wayne State University. Title: “Regulation of ER Homeostasis in Health and Disease” Tuesday, December 17, 2019, 11:30am, Room 2268 Scott Hall. Hosted by: Dr. Jianjun Wang firstname.lastname@example.org
- Next BMI Faculty Candidate Seminar Speaker, Melanie Higgins, Ph.D., Postdoctoral Fellow, University of British Columbia, Canada. Title: “Investigating bacterial enzymes to improve human health”. Thursday, December 18, 2019, 1:00-2:00pm, 3125 Scott Hall, School of Medicine. Hosted by: Dr Bharati Mitra email@example.com