BMI Weekly News- July 12, 2021
BMI Weekly News
July 12, 2021
• Congratulations to Dr. Ladislau Kovari on receiving a NIH grant, a multi-PI project with faculty from Emory University and the University of Tennessee Health Sciences.
• Presidential Town Hall meeting, Monday, July 19, 2pm. – Fall 2021 planning update.
To RSVP and submit questions: https://rsvp.wayne.edu/60da36645c91c/
• Return to Campus – Faculty & Staff Training Support Human Resources Link
• School of Medicine – Official School of Medicine Campus Restart Guidelines: SOM guidelines - School of Medicine - Wayne State University
Event This Week:
• No events scheduled for this week.
• The BMI Department Picnic is Friday, August 27th (the Friday before classes start). It will be at Belle Isle
Park, Shelter 12, the same large shelter that was used for the 2019 picnic. Any questions or concerns contact Jillian Green email@example.com or Taylor Vensko firstname.lastname@example.org. More details to come as we get closer to the event.
♦ For some Belle Isle history: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belle_Isle_Park_(Michigan) or
♦ Belle Isle official website: https://www2.dnr.state.mi.us/parksandtrails/Details.aspx?id=736&type=SPRK
• Website: https://www.med.wayne.edu/coronavirus
▫ Campus Health Center – The COVID-19 Vaccine: The COVID-19 Vaccine
♦ Public Health Committee – Reminder the COVID-19 vaccine is available to ALL Faculty, Staff and Students. For appointment process click link: Six Step-by-step process for COVID-19 vaccination appointment
▫ Warrior Safe Training: https://wayne.edu/coronavirus/warrior-safe-training/
▫ Campus Daily Screener: https://forms.wayne.edu/covid-19-screening/ Wayne State students, faculty
and staff should continue to use the existing Campus Daily Screener.
◦ Guess Campus Screener: Wayne State now require all guests to complete a Guest Campus Screener
before coming to campus or upon checking in. This tool, which is available at go.wayne.edu/guest, operates like the Campus Daily Screener, but does not require a WSU AccessID. Individuals cleared to be on campus will receive a notification on their phone, along with a QR code and an email verification. Flagged individuals will be contacted by the Campus Health Center, who can manually clear them if appropriate.
• Complete SOM guidelines: https://www.med.wayne.edu/coronavirus/guidelines
Links (as embedded in items above):
Return to Campus – Faculty & Staff Training Support: https://i.wayne.edu/view/60de1e8619c9c?utm_source=link&utm_medium=email-60de1e8619c9c&utm_campaign=Staff%2FFaculty+%283%29+Return+to+Campus+%E2%80%93+Faculty+%26amp%3B+Staff+Trai&utm_content=Read+this+email+on+the+Web
Public Health Committee – Reminder the COVID-19 vaccine is available to ALL Faculty, Staff and Students: https://i.wayne.edu/view/6092bb63e58a3?utm_source=link&utm_medium=email-6092bb63e58a3&utm_campaign=REMINDER-COVID+vaccine+available+to+ALL+Faculty%2C+Staff+and+Stud&utm_content=Read+this+email+on+the+Web
Campus Health Center – COVID-19 Vaccination
• Domestic & International Travel during the COVID-19 Pandemic: