BMI Weekly News- July 26, 2021
BMI Weekly News
July 26, 2021
• A couple of useful links:
► How to reserve rooms in Scott Hall (LINK)
► Information about facilities and support services in Scott Hall (LINK)
Lockers in Scott Hall
All residents of Scott Hall (students, staff, and faculty) can register for a locker on the second or third floor of Scott Hall. First come, first served. Details below:
• Do not place any valuable items in your locker. Do not intentionally leave your lock unlocked. The school will not be
responsible for any items that are lost, misplaced, or stolen.
• You may register for and use one locker at a time. Contact Student Organizations with question about storing larger items.
• Locks will be periodically removed from unregistered lockers, so please be sure to register your locker immediately after
you’ve locked it up.
• Your padlock makes a locker yours. Registration protects it from being reclaimed by the Learning Spaces and Support Team.
• If you have any questions or comments, e-mail LSS@med.wayne.edu.
Event This Week:
• Dissertation Notice of Public Lecture Presentation for the degree of Master of Science in Immunology and Microbiology: IMM Student, Emma Graffice, presents “Identifying and Isolating Microbes Commonly Associated with Microbial Invasion of the Amniotic Cavity”., Tuesday, July 27, 2-4 PM.
Advisor: Dr. Kevin Theis
Zoom link: https://wayne-edu.zoom.us/j/93609921623?pwd=QnNldzNXSEdVeFF5ZHJUTWhEZXp3dz09 Meeting ID: 936 0992 1623
• The BMI Department Picnic is Friday, August 27th (the Friday before classes start). It will be at Belle Isle
Park, Shelter 12, the same large shelter that was used for the 2019 picnic. Any questions or concerns contact Jillian Green firstname.lastname@example.org or Taylor Vensko email@example.com. More details to come as we get closer to the event.
♥ For some Belle Isle history: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belle_Isle_Park_(Michigan)
♥ Belle Isle official website: https://www2.dnr.state.mi.us/parksandtrails/Details.aspx?id=736&type=SPRK
• BMI Retreat is Friday, September 24th, ̴ 8:00am-5:00pm. More details to come closer to the date.
Return to Campus:
• For Latest Updates and Information: Warrior Safe is Warrior Strong - School of Medicine - Wayne State University
• Students: Students - School of Medicine - Wayne State University
◦ August 17, 2020 – From Office of Student Affairs: Coronavirus updates - School of Medicine - Wayne State University
• Employees: https://hr.wayne.edu/coronavirus/guide-for-employees
◦ Faculty & Staff Training Support Human Resources Link
• Everyone must complete the Campus Daily Screener Campus Daily Screener - Wayne State University
before coming to campus. All visitors and guests must complete the Guest Campus Screener Guest Campus Screener - Wayne State University.
◦ Masks are not required indoors for fully vaccinated individuals. Masks are not required outdoors for any
◦ Outdoor gatherings are welcome and encouraged with no size limitations. Masks are not required for
◦ Large indoor gatherings (more than 30 people) require the consent of the Public Health Committee.
Please have a contingency plan for inclement weather; gatherings will not be permitted to move indoors.
• Message from SOM Vice Dean Thane Peterson (7/1/2021) – Return to campus: Coronavirus updates - School of Medicine - Wayne State University
• Campus Health Center (CHC) – The COVID-19 Vaccine: The COVID-19 Vaccine - Campus Health Center (wayne.edu)
• Information on the COVID-19 Vaccines: Vaccines for COVID-19 | CDC
• To schedule a vaccine appointment, click on link: https://health.wayne.edu/covid-vaccine-appointment/
Links (as embedded in items above):
Return to Campus – Faculty & Staff Training Support: https://i.wayne.edu/view/60de1e8619c9c?utm_source=link&utm_medium=email-60de1e8619c9c&utm_campaign=Staff%2FFaculty+%283%29+Return+to+Campus+%E2%80%93+Faculty+%26amp%3B+Staff+Trai&utm_content=Read+this+email+on+the+Web