BMI Weekly News- June 14, 2021
BMI Weekly News
June 14, 2021
• Congratulations to Dustin Farr, from the Withey lab, for successfully completing his dissertation, “Characterization of the Immune Response to Vibrio Cholerae Infection in a Natural Host Model”.
• BMI Weekly News will be on vacation the next week, and will resume on Monday, June 28, 2021.
• Virtual Town Hall meeting by Dean Mark Schweitzer on Thursday, June 24, noon to 1 p.m. Please RSVP here by Wednesday to receive a link to join and submit questions.
Event This Week:
• Please see the attached flyer and registration information for a free upcoming virtual symposium about Alzheimer’s disease, which will be held on Tuesday, June 15, 2021. Thanks to Immunology and Microbiology Emerita Professor Judith Whittum-Hudson for sharing.
• The BMI Department Picnic is Friday, August 27th (the Friday before classes start). It will be at Belle Isle Park, Shelter 12, the same large shelter that was used for the 2019 picnic. Any questions or concerns contact Jillian Green firstname.lastname@example.org or Taylor Vensko email@example.com. More details to come as we get closer to the event.
♦ For some Belle Isle history: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belle_Isle_Park_(Michigan) or
♦ Belle Isle official website: https://www2.dnr.state.mi.us/parksandtrails/Details.aspx?id=736&type=SPRK
• Website: https://www.med.wayne.edu/coronavirus
▫ Campus Health Center – The COVID-19 Vaccine: The COVID-19 Vaccine
♦ Public Health Committee – Reminder the COVID-19 vaccine is available to ALL Faculty, Staff and Students. For appointment process click link: Six Step-by-step process for COVID-19 vaccination appointment
♦ Campus Health Center announces available appointments for Johnson & Johnson single shot COVID-19 vaccine. Employees and students can call now for vaccine appointment. Click link for five-step process.
▫ Campus Health Center – Coronavirus: COVID-19 – Recent updates: https://wayne.edu/coronavirus
▫ WS students, faculty, and staff eligible for COVID-19 testing for no out-of-pocket charge: COVID-19 Testing
◦ Wayne State now require all guests to complete a Guest Campus Screener before coming to campus or
upon checking in. This tool, which is available at go.wayne.edu/guest, operates like the Campus Daily Screener, but does not require a WSU AccessID. Individuals cleared to be on campus will receive a notification on their phone, along with a QR code and an email verification. Flagged individuals will be contacted by the Campus Health Center, who can manually clear them if appropriate.
▫ Facts about the COVID-19 Vaccine: COVID-19 Vaccine Facts
▫ Warrior Safe Training: https://wayne.edu/coronavirus/warrior-safe-training/
▫ Campus Daily Screener: https://forms.wayne.edu/covid-19-screening/ Wayne State students, faculty and
staff should continue to use the existing Campus Daily Screener.
▫ Medical Campus operations: https://www.med.wayne.edu/coronavirus/med-campus
▫ Campus screener/follow-up process: https://www.med.wayne.edu/coronavirus/campus-screener-process
• Domestic and International Travel During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Travel During COVID-19 | CDC
• Complete SOM guidelines: https://www.med.wayne.edu/coronavirus/guidelines
• COVID-19 SOM return guidelines pdf: https://www.med.wayne.edu/pdfs/covid-som-guidelines.pdf
Links (as embedded in items above):
CHC announces available appointments for Johnson & Johnson vaccine: https://i.wayne.edu/view/609d38f7bf435?utm_source=link&utm_medium=email-609d38f7bf435&utm_campaign=Campus+Health+announces+available+appointments+for+J%26amp%3BJ+vacc&utm_content=Read+this+email+on+the+Web
Public Health Committee – Reminder the COVID-19 vaccine is available to ALL Faculty, Staff and Students: https://i.wayne.edu/view/6092bb63e58a3?utm_source=link&utm_medium=email-6092bb63e58a3&utm_campaign=REMINDER-COVID+vaccine+available+to+ALL+Faculty%2C+Staff+and+Stud&utm_content=Read+this+email+on+the+Web
From the Office of the President: Covid-19 vaccination anonymous survey: https://waynestate.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0GOcTPqRq3sSTmC?utm_source=link&utm_medium=email-60919e59dbe1e&utm_campaign=Participate+in+a+vaccination+survey&utm_content=accessed+online
Campus Health Center – COVID-19 Vaccination
• Campus Health Center – Facts about the Covid-19 Vaccine
• Domestic & International Travel during the COVID-19 Pandemic: