BMI Weekly News- June 28, 2021
BMI Weekly News
June 28, 2021
• News from the Office of the President, President M Roy Wilson: Effective immediately, masks are no longer required for fully vaccinated individuals when they are indoors on campus. Individuals who have not been vaccinated are still required to wear masks when inside all campus buildings, except when eating or drinking. When outdoors, masks are not required for anyone – regardless of vaccination status. See the complete details for the update on campus masks requirements on the following link: https://i.wayne.edu/view/60d5ea111830e?utm_source=link&utm_medium=email-60d5ea111830e&utm_campaign=Update+on+campus+mask+requirements&utm_content=Read+this+email+on+the+Web
Event This Week:
• We welcome back BMI Faculty candidate, Dr. Simone Brixius-Anderko, for her 2nd virtual visit today.
• The BMI Department Picnic is Friday, August 27th (the Friday before classes start). It will be at Belle Isle Park, Shelter 12, the same large shelter that was used for the 2019 picnic. Any questions or concerns contact Jillian Green email@example.com or Taylor Vensko firstname.lastname@example.org. More details to come as we get closer to the event.
♦ For some Belle Isle history: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belle_Isle_Park_(Michigan) or
♦ Belle Isle official website: https://www2.dnr.state.mi.us/parksandtrails/Details.aspx?id=736&type=SPRK
• Website: https://www.med.wayne.edu/coronavirus
▫ Campus Health Center – The COVID-19 Vaccine: The COVID-19 Vaccine
♦ Public Health Committee – Reminder the COVID-19 vaccine is available to ALL Faculty, Staff and Students. For appointment process click link: Six Step-by-step process for COVID-19 vaccination appointment
♦ Campus Health Center announces available appointments for Johnson & Johnson single shot COVID-19 vaccine. Employees and students can call now for vaccine appointment. Click link for five-step process.
▫ Campus Health Center – Coronavirus: COVID-19 – Recent updates: https://wayne.edu/coronavirus
▫ WS students, faculty and staff eligible for COVID-19 testing for no out-of-pocket charge: COVID-19 Testing
◦ Guess Campus Screener: Wayne State now require all guests to complete a Guest Campus Screener
before coming to campus or upon checking in. This tool, which is available at go.wayne.edu/guest, operates like the Campus Daily Screener, but does not require a WSU AccessID. Individuals cleared to be on campus will receive a notification on their phone, along with a QR code and an email verification. Flagged individuals will be contacted by the Campus Health Center, who can manually clear them if appropriate.
▫ Facts about the COVID-19 Vaccine: COVID-19 Vaccine Facts
▫ Warrior Safe Training: https://wayne.edu/coronavirus/warrior-safe-training/
▫ Campus Daily Screener: https://forms.wayne.edu/covid-19-screening/ Wayne State students, faculty
and staff should continue to use the existing Campus Daily Screener.
▫ Medical Campus operations: https://www.med.wayne.edu/coronavirus/med-campus
▫ Campus screener/follow-up process: https://www.med.wayne.edu/coronavirus/campus-screener-process
• Domestic and International Travel During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Travel During COVID-19 | CDC
• Complete SOM guidelines: https://www.med.wayne.edu/coronavirus/guidelines
• COVID-19 SOM return guidelines pdf: https://www.med.wayne.edu/pdfs/covid-som-guidelines.pdf
Links (as embedded in items above):
CHC announces available appointments for Johnson & Johnson vaccine: https://i.wayne.edu/view/609d38f7bf435?utm_source=link&utm_medium=email-609d38f7bf435&utm_campaign=Campus+Health+announces+available+appointments+for+J%26amp%3BJ+vacc&utm_content=Read+this+email+on+the+Web
Public Health Committee – Reminder the COVID-19 vaccine is available to ALL Faculty, Staff and Students: https://i.wayne.edu/view/6092bb63e58a3?utm_source=link&utm_medium=email-6092bb63e58a3&utm_campaign=REMINDER-COVID+vaccine+available+to+ALL+Faculty%2C+Staff+and+Stud&utm_content=Read+this+email+on+the+Web
From the Office of the President: Covid-19 vaccination anonymous survey: https://waynestate.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0GOcTPqRq3sSTmC?utm_source=link&utm_medium=email-60919e59dbe1e&utm_campaign=Participate+in+a+vaccination+survey&utm_content=accessed+online
Campus Health Center – COVID-19 Vaccination
• Campus Health Center – Facts about the Covid-19 Vaccine
• Domestic & International Travel during the COVID-19 Pandemic: