BMI Weekly News- May 24, 2021
BMI Weekly News
May 24, 2021
• Reminder to the BMI Department to complete & return the faculty candidate evaluation form that was sent to you on Friday. Your completed form can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Event This Week:
This is the second of three BMI Faculty Candidates’ virtual seminar. The format will be the same as for our usual seminars, one zoom session for the seminar itself first attended by everyone, followed by a discussion session with students and post-docs.
• BMI Faculty Candidate Seminar: Monday, May 24, 2021, 1:00pm – 2:00pm via Zoom
Speaker: Sarah R. Wessel, Ph.D., Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Vanderbilt University, Department of
Title: “Identification of novel genome maintenance proteins at the DNA replication fork”.
Host: Dr. Bharati Mitra firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting ID: 917 0784 6734
**After the seminar BMI students and post docs will have an opportunity to meet with the speaker in the same Zoom session.
• Immunology Focus Group Seminar: Tuesday, June 1, 2021, 12:00pm – 1:00pm via Zoom
Speaker: Sherry Kurtz, MS, Research Biologist, Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Title: “Genetically diverse DO mice are a novel model for tuberculosis vaccine development and for
defining genetic loci associated with protection against M. tuberculosis”
Hosted by: Jennifer Jacob, PhD, Oncology Department, Wayne State University
Meeting ID: 975 5038 2315
• Next BMI Faculty Candidate Seminar: Thursday, June 3, 2021, 12:00noon – 1:00pm via Zoom
Speaker: James Daley, Ph.D., Research Assistant Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Structural
Biology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
Title: "BRCA1-BARD1 promotes end resection of DNA double-strand breaks."
Host: Dr. Bharati Mitra email@example.com
Zoom Link: Meeting ID: Passcode: TBA
• Please see the attached flyer and registration information for a free upcoming virtual symposium about Alzheimer’s disease, which will be held on Tuesday, June 15, 2021. Thanks to Immunology and Microbiology Emerita Professor Judith Whittum-Hudson for sharing.
• This year’s BMI Department Picnic is Friday, August 27th (the Friday before classes start). It will be at Belle Isle Park, Shelter 12, the same large shelter that was used for the 2019 picnic. Any questions or concerns contact Jillian Green firstname.lastname@example.org or Taylor Vensko email@example.com. More details to come as we get closer to the event.
• Website: https://www.med.wayne.edu/coronavirus
▫ Campus Health Center – The COVID-19 Vaccine: The COVID-19 Vaccine
♦ Public Health Committee – Reminder the COVID-19 vaccine is available to ALL Faculty, Staff and Students. For appointment process click link: Six Step-by-step process for COVID-19 vaccination appointment
♦ Campus Health Center announces available appointments for J&J vaccine. Employees and students can call now for vaccine appointment. Click link for five-step process.
▫ Campus Health Center – Coronavirus: COVID-19 – Recent updates: https://wayne.edu/coronavirus
▫ WS students, faculty and staff eligible for COVID-19 testing for no out-of-pocket charge: COVID-19 Testing
▫ Facts about the COVID-19 Vaccine: COVID-19 Vaccine Facts
▫ Warrior Safe Training: https://wayne.edu/coronavirus/warrior-safe-training/
▫ Campus Daily Screener: https://forms.wayne.edu/covid-19-screening/
▫ Medical Campus operations: https://www.med.wayne.edu/coronavirus/med-campus
▫ Campus screener/follow-up process: https://www.med.wayne.edu/coronavirus/campus-screener-process
• Domestic and International Travel During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Travel During COVID-19 | CDC
• Complete SOM guidelines: https://www.med.wayne.edu/coronavirus/guidelines
• COVID-19 SOM return guidelines pdf: https://www.med.wayne.edu/pdfs/covid-som-guidelines.pdf
Links (as embedded in items above):
CHC announces available appointments for J&J vaccine: https://i.wayne.edu/view/609d38f7bf435?utm_source=link&utm_medium=email-609d38f7bf435&utm_campaign=Campus+Health+announces+available+appointments+for+J%26amp%3BJ+vacc&utm_content=Read+this+email+on+the+Web
Public Health Committee – Reminder the COVID-19 vaccine is available to ALL Faculty, Staff and Students: https://i.wayne.edu/view/6092bb63e58a3?utm_source=link&utm_medium=email-6092bb63e58a3&utm_campaign=REMINDER-COVID+vaccine+available+to+ALL+Faculty%2C+Staff+and+Stud&utm_content=Read+this+email+on+the+Web
From the Office of the President: Covid-19 vaccination anonymous survey: https://waynestate.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0GOcTPqRq3sSTmC?utm_source=link&utm_medium=email-60919e59dbe1e&utm_campaign=Participate+in+a+vaccination+survey&utm_content=accessed+online
Campus Health Center – COVID-19 Vaccination
• Campus Health Center – Facts about the Covid-19 Vaccine
• Domestic & International Travel during the COVID-19 Pandemic: