BMI Weekly News - November 18, 2019
BMI Weekly News
November 18, 2019
- Two biochemistry faculty candidates have been invited for visits in December.
- December 4-6, 2019 - Dr. Hou-Fu Guo, his seminar will be held on December 5, 12:45-2:15pm, room 3125 Scott Hall
- December 17-19, 2019 - Dr. Melanie Higgins, her seminar will be held on December 18, 12:45-2:15pm, room 3125 Scott Hall
If you are interested in meeting with a candidate (s), contact Dr. Bharati Mitra email@example.com
- Because of the faculty candidate visit, the December BMI Faculty meeting will be postponed to Thursday, December 12, 2019, 11:30am-12:30pm, room 7364 Scott Hall.
- Journal Club/RDP: PhD Student, Nathan Kelley, presentation title: "Identification of inflammasome regulators by using the APEX2-mediated proximity labeling system" Monday, November 18, 2019, 12:30pm-1:20pm, 3125 Scott Hall, School of Medicine. Mentor: Dr. Yuan He
- BMI Seminar: Speaker, Niel Henriksen, Ph.D. Scientist, Atomwise Inc. Title: "AIMS and AtomNet: The largest prospective study of a machine learning model for hit discovery" Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 11:30am-12:25pm, 2268 Scott Hall, School of Medicine. Hosted by: Ladislau Kovari firstname.lastname@example.org
- Next Journal Club/RDP: PhD Student, Madison Peterson, presentation title: "TBA" Monday, December 2, 2019, 12:30pm-1:20pm, 3125 Scott Hall, School of Medicine. Mentor: Dr. Jeff Withey.
- Next Immunology Focus Group (IFG) Seminar: Speaker, Xiao-Fan Wang, Ph.D., Donald and Elizabeth Cooke Professor of Cancer Research, Duke University, School of Medicine. Title: "New Insights into Mechanisms Underlying Cellular Senescence" Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 12:15-1:15pm, Lunch served at 12pm, 2nd floor Wertz Auditorium HWCRC. Hosted by: Dr. Qing-Sheng Mi, M.D./Ph.D. email@example.com (313) 876-1017. Visit IFG at immunology.wayne.edu
- Mark your calendars for our Departmental Holiday party scheduled for Friday, December 13, 2019. More details to follow as the planning is completed.