BMI Weekly News - November 25, 2019
BMI Weekly News
November 25, 2019
- Because of the faculty candidate visit, the December BMI Faculty meeting will be postponed to Thursday, December 12, 2019, 11:30am-12:30pm, room 7364 Scott Hall.
- This year's BMI Departmental Holiday party is scheduled for Friday, December 13, 2019. Details to follow.
- No Journal Club/RDP this week.
- Next: Journal Club/RDP: PhD Student, Madison Peterson, presentation title: "Bridging the gaps: Identifying Vibrio cholerae colonization and persistence factors in the zebrafish natural host model" Monday, December 2, 2019, 12:30pm-1:20pm, 3125 Scott Hall, School of Medicine. Mentor: Dr. Jeff Withey.
- No BMI Seminar this week.
- Next: Immunology Focus Group (IFG) Seminar Speaker, Xiao-Fan Wang, Ph.D., Donald and Elizabeth Cooke Professor of Cancer Research, Duke University, School of Medicine. Title: "New Insights into Mechanisms Underlying Cellular Senescence" Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 12:15-1:15pm, Lunch served at 12pm, 2nd floor Wertz Auditorium HWCRC. Hosted by: Dr. Qing-Sheng Mi, M.D./Ph.D. email@example.com (313) 876-1017. Visit IFG at immunology.wayne.edu
- BMI Candidate Seminar Speaker, Hou-Fu Guo, Ph.D. Instructor, Thoracic/Head and Neck Medical Oncology Department, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX. Title: "Unveiling mechanistic roles of pro-metastatic collagen lysyl hydroxylase 2 in collagen homeostasis and diseases." Thursday, December 5, 2019, 1:00-2:00pm, 3125 Scott Hall, School of Medicine. Hosted by: Dr Bharati Mitra firstname.lastname@example.org