BMI Weekly News- August 30th, 2021
BMI Weekly News
August 30, 2021
• We are very sorry to note the death last week of Victoria Krajcz, who had been planning to join our PhD program in Immunology & Microbiology this week. Victoria was from Monroe, Michigan, attended college at the University of Detroit Mercy. We join her family and friends in mourning this loss.
• Thank you to everyone who attended and helped to make the 2021 BMI Picnic a success! Extra cookies, brownies, and pies are available in the 7th floor breakroom until they’re gone. Take a break and grab a treat!
Event This Week:
• The BMI New Student Orientation session for all 1st and 2nd year students is tomorrow, Tuesday, August 31, 2021. The event will take place in Room 2268 Scott Hall at 10:00am. A Q&A session with returning students will start at 1:15 pm. We ask that any available returning students please plan to attend. We look forward to welcoming the new students and meeting our second-year students as well.
• BMI Retreat is Friday, September 24th, ̴ 8:00am-5:00pm. More details to come closer to the date.
Return to Campus:
• Message from Vice Dean, Thane Peterson: Return to campus. Regarding items, Proof of Vaccination, Exceptions and COVID-19 Related Information, School of Medicine Return to Campus, and University Six-Month Flexible Work Arrangement Program. Message from Thane Peterson
• For Latest Updates and Information: https://wayne.edu/coronavirus/messages; Warrior Safe is Warrior Strong - School of Medicine - Wayne State University
• From the Office of the President: VACCINE MANDATE FOR ALL CAMPUS. Masks are now required in all campus buildings for all individuals. Click link for information: https://outlook.office.com/mail/deeplink?popoutv2=1&version=2021072701.02
• Students: https://wayne.edu/coronavirus/messages
◦ Faculty & Staff Learning & Support Resources: https://i.wayne.edu/view/6107e7745610e
• Everyone must complete the Campus Daily Screener Campus Daily Screener - Wayne State University
before coming to campus. All visitors and guests must complete the Guest Campus Screener Guest Campus Screener - Wayne State University.
◦ Masks are required indoors for all individuals. Click link for full information: https://outlook.office.com/mail/deeplink?popoutv2=1&version=2021072701.02
• Campus Health Center (CHC) – The COVID-19 Vaccine:
• Information on the COVID-19 Vaccines: Vaccines for COVID-19 | CDC
• To schedule a vaccine appointment, click on link: https://health.wayne.edu/covid-vaccine-appointment/
Links (as embedded in items above):
• Message from Vice Dean, Thane Peterson: https://i.wayne.edu/view/611ffc330b1a2?utm_source=link&utm_medium=email-611ffc330b1a2&utm_campaign=MESSAGE+FROM+THANE+PETERSON&utm_content=Read+this+email+on+the+Web