BMI Weekly News- January 21, 2020
BMI Weekly News
January 20, 2020
- Congratulations to two members of the BMI adjunct faculty for recent awards and accomplishments:
- Dr. Robert Lisak (Department of Neurology) was awarded the Healthcare Professional Champion Award from the Michigan Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society for his many contributions to helping people with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) (link to story).
- Dr. Andrew Berti (School of Pharmaceutical Sciences) published a perspective in Science magazine about how development of drug-tolerant bacterial populations can eliminate the benefits of combination antibiotic therapy, even if full resistance has not developed (link to article).
BMI Seminar: Speaker, Domenico Gatti, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology & Immunology, Wayne State University School of Medicine. Title: “The Deep Learning Revolution in Biology and Medicine”. Tuesday, January 21, 2020, 11:30am, 2268 Scott Hall, School of Medicine.
- Journal Club/RDP: Ph.D. Student, Alice Turner, presentation title: “Lysine 39 acetylation of ischemic skeletal muscle and its functional effects” Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 11:30am-12:20pm, 3125 Scott Hall, School of Medicine. Mentor: Dr. Maik Huttemann.
- Next BMI Seminar: Speaker, Joongkyu Park, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacology & Department of Neurology, Wayne State University School of Medicine. Title: “Molecular Mechanisms of Fear Learning in Mice and beyond…”. Tuesday, January 28, 2020, 11:30am, 2268 Scott Hall, School of Medicine. Hosted by: Dr. Jianjun Wang firstname.lastname@example.org
- Next Journal Club/RDP: Two Public Student Presentations, January 29, 2020,11:30am-12:20pm, 3125 Scott Hall School of Medicine.
- Masters student, Vanessa Kamdoum, presents "TBA". Mentor: Dr. Ladislau Kovari
- Masters student, Abdullah Al-Homoudi, presents “TBA”. Mentor: Dr. Jianjun Wang