BMI Weekly News- March 20, 2023
BMI Weekly Newsletter
March 20, 2023
From the Office of the Vice President of Research - Research Development Seminar Series: The RDS series is being offered for WSU faculty, chairs & directors, postdoctoral trainees & graduate students, and administrators. The seminars are free but require registration Event registration.
- Upcoming Seminar: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, 10:00am-11:30am, via Zoom.
- Title: Leveraging Resources & Relationships to Support Research
- Presenters: Jennifer Har, PhD, (moderator), Associate Professor of African History; Maik Hüttemann, PhD, Professor, Center for Molecular Medicine & Genetics; Noa Ofen, PhD, Associate Professor of Psychology and the Institute of Gerontology; Rachel Wallace, PhD, Assistant Vice President for Research Development
- RSVP at: https://events.wayne.edu/research-events/2023/04/05/research-development-seminar-95384/
- Information will be emailed to all registrants prior to April 5.
- For Seminar Series Event Details: Research Development Seminar Series.
Events This Week:
Career/Workforce Virtual Event - the Michigan BioTalent Strategy Exchange on March 21st. Wayne State is a member. To make it easy for our member academic contacts to register at the discounted price, we created coupon code ACAMEMBER-BT2023 that will take $30 off. Students are free with this code, faculty $30.
Journal Club: Wednesday, March 22, 2023, 11:30am, 3125 Scott Hall
- Presented by: IM PhD student, Callen Bleick
- Title: “Impact of Bacteriophage Co-administration with Human Antimicrobial Peptide LL-37"
- Advisor: Dr. Michael Rybak
Next BMI Seminar is scheduled for March 28, 2023, 11:30am, 2268 Scott Hall
- Speaker: Dr. Andrew Lipchik, Assistant Professor of Pharmaceutics, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Wayne State University
- Title: “From Pathogenic to Therapeutic: Engineering IgG as an anti-inflammatory therapy”
- Hosted by: Dr. Jianjun Wang email@example.com
Next Journal Club: Two presentations on Wednesday, March 29, 2023, 11:30am, 3125 Scott Hall
- 1st Presentation presented by: BMB MS student, Alan Carbajo
- Title: TBA
- Advisor: Dr. Philip Pellett
- 2nd Presentation presented by: BMB MS student, Apoorva Rao
- Title: TBA
- Advisor: Dr. Jeffrey Withey
2023 MI-ASM Annual Meeting is Saturday, April 1, 2023, 8am to 4:30pm at Oakland Center, Oakland University, Rochester, MI
- Speaker: Mecky Pohlschroder, Ph.D., Professor and Undergraduate Chair of the Biology Department at the University of Pennsylvania (UPenn) https://asm.org/Biographies/Mecky-Pohlschroder,-Ph-D
Return to Campus:
Recent Updates for Campus Conditions and Requirements as of March 20, 2023: https://wayne.edu/coronavirus
Campus Daily Screener link: https://forms.wayne.edu/covid-19-screening/
From Office of President Wilson: Resources with contact numbers to support, guide and assist you while on campus. https://i.wayne.edu/view/61d756b21bf13?utm_source=lnk&utm_medium-email61d75621bf13&utm_campaign=Welcome+to+a+new+semester&utm_content=Read+this+email+on+the+Web and additional resources https://wayne.edu/safety