BMI Weekly News- September 26, 2022
BMI Weekly Newsletter
September 26, 2022
- Department Retreat Update: The BMI retreat will be held Friday, October 14. From 8:30am until 5pm. Details about the program will be shared late this afternoon.
Events this Week:
- Journal Club: Monday, September 26, 2022, 12:30pm, Scott Hall, Room 2268
- Presented by: IM PhD student, Michael Pawlitz
- Title: “The Epigenetic Regulator JMJD2 Controls the Development and Function of Epidermal Langerhans Cells
- Mentor: Dr. Qing-Sheng Mi
- In-Person BMI Seminar: Tuesday, September 27, 2022, 11:30am, Scott Hall, Room 2268
- Speaker: Laurie T. Krug, Ph.D., Stadtman Investigator HIV and AIDS Malignancy Branch (HAMB) Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute
- Title: “Insurrection and Sequestration in the Nucleus- Murine Gammaherpesvirus Interplay with Host
- Factors PML-NB and STAT3.”
- Hosted by: Dr. Phil Pellett firstname.lastname@example.org & IM PhD student, Taylor Vensko email@example.com
- Alt Viewing Zoom Link:
- Meeting ID: 928 1854 3731
- Passcode: 967873
- There will be a Student/Speaker Lunch after the Seminar in Room 7370.
- Journal Club: Monday, October 3, 2022, 12:30pm, Scott Hall, Room 2268
- Presented by: IM PhD student, Isabella Cubillejo
- Title: “Vibrio cholerae in zebrafish: What happens to the host?”
- Mentor: Dr. Jeffrey Withey
- In-Person BMI Seminar: Tuesday, October 11, 2022, 11:30am, Scott Hall, Room 2268
- Speaker: Morgan de Santis, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology,
- University of Michigan
- Title: TBA
- Hosted by: Susanna Viljaj firstname.lastname@example.org and BMI students
Return to Campus:
- Current Trash Pick Up Procedures for Scott Hall: During the current staffing shortage in the custodial department, if your regular custodian is out, please take your trash to the central location (near the elevators) until your custodian returns. If you need more bags, please call the School of Medicine’s Facilities & Support Services office at 313 577-1460 and they will get some for you.
- Campus Health Committee: WSU has mandated all students, faculty and staff to receive a flu shot by October 15, 2022. There are three dates for each in September and October that they will be at the School of Medicine to give out the flu shots. Please visit their flu page for more information on no out-of-pocket cost to receive the flu shot for enrolled students, faculty & staff and also for other locations where the flu shot will be given too.
- CHC Update on Campus Daily Screener, Vaccine Mandate and Masks: Click on this link for details
- Screener Campus Daily Screener - Wayne State University.
- All visitors and guests must continue to complete the Guest Campus Screener Guest Campus Screener - Wayne State University.
- From Office of President Wilson: Resources with contact numbers to support, guide and assist you while on campus.