Applications to the Immunology & Microbiology M.S. program are accepted for Fall semester only. Applications must be submitted online by completing the WSU Graduate Application.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science degree in biology or a related scientific discipline.
- An undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 is required together with strong grades in science courses.
Applicants must also submit the following documents and information:
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores. When requesting official GRE test scores from ETS, the Department Code 0608 for Immunology should be used.
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably from faculty members who know you and your academic work. Ask your letter writers to tell us how they know you, and their opinion about your potential for success in a career related to your area of interest.
- A personal Statement of Purpose (one page). Include a description of your long-term goals, research experiences, and why our program seems suited for you.
- International applicants, as defined by the WSU Graduate School, must submit TOEFL scores. A minimum TOEFL score of 100 is required. The Department Code for requesting official TOEFL test scores is 07. We also consider international students who score 6.5 or better on IELTS test.
Applications to the M.S. program should be completed by May 1.